Sunday, January 15, 2012

Madonna Is The MAN

Madonna never ceases to amaze me! I have always admired her bravery to be true to herself and be who she is, no matter what anyone thinks.

The other day, Friday the 13th, my dear friend Tracey Albert called me and asked if I could be her designated driver, she has to get a crown at the dentist...

"Of course!" ... I was delighted to take a day off from my life and serve a dear friend! ... I drop her off, came home to wait for the call to pick her up... The call comes in and I jet to go pick her up, entering the dentist waiting room right at the exact moment ABC 4 NEWS is advertising the 20/20 interview with Madonna... (Folks, I honestly don't make much time to watch TV... so for me to just happen to catch this 15 minutes of TV time at this moment was soo divine!)...

I was excited to be updated on Madonna! What is that girl up to?

To my amazement, she is working on a movie, "WE", which she co wrote and produced to be out February 3rd... It's a great story about Edward VIII leaving his throne of Britain to be with the woman he feel in love with, an American divorcee Wallace Simpson.

The thing that amazed me most, in this part of the interview??? Cynthia McFadden challenged Madonna's position on her belief of the position Edward VIII being a Hitler supporter and other rumors about the couple. I loved Madonna's confidence with her truth and findings from her research about the couple and challenged Cynthia right back, stating that Cynthia would not be able to find anything that supports otherwise... WOW!!! ...

Madonna, you are one smart lady that I truly admire! I always heard that knowledge was powerful... but boy do I love watching Madonna living this concept and being a great example to me... Especially because ... just like Madonna said to Cynthia in this interview, in regards to her love for Wallace Simpson, she has the "ability to survive against all odds... deeply misunderstood by people." ...

Madonna being a true survivor as well that is notoriously deeply misunderstood with judgment her whole life, I'm sure, as not being too intelligent because of her unconventional choices, when in all reality she most likely is one of the most brilliant people amongst us.

The second thing that amazed me was... yes, the part about Lady Gaga. WOW!!! Madonna's vocabulary has always impressed me, but I must say, today was a day to remember! Not only did she think of the best word to describe how she feels about Lady Gaga's song, "Born This Way" being a copy of her "Express Yourself", she stumped Cynthia McFadden on the definition of the word... REDUCTIVE

"Is that good or bad?" Cynthia asks

Classic Madonna... full of grace along with her beauty, reaches for her coffee mug for a sip, and says with such eloquence, "look it up"... !!! I LOVE IT!!!

REDUCTIVE - simplified or crude... I even found a science definition - lower level entity

By the end of the segment I had an over pouring love for Madonna with her comment when questioned by Cynthia McFadden, "Do you feel more authentic when you are without makeup?"...

Madonna replies, "As long as I'm doing what I want to do, whether I am done up in makeup or not it doesn't matter, that is when I am feeling most authentic."...

CHEERS TO MADONNA!!! Exactly!!! "AS LONG AS I AM DOING WHAT I WANT TO DO"... a woman we can all admire and learn to live in our truth to be who we are!!!

It is no wonder Madonna Louise Cicone was named after her mother Madonna Louise, after all, the biblical definition of Madonna is ... a medieval Italian term for a noble or otherwise important woman, and has long been used commonly in reference to images of the Virgin Mary, the mother of Jesus. Madonna also translates as "My Lady" also represented as the Queen of Heaven, often enthroned... (wikipedia)

Madonna, a woman who has truly lived up to her name and will definitely go down in history like the amazing ones before her, such as; Virgin Mother Mary, Mary Magdalen, Jesus, John Lennon, Bob Marley and Martin Luther King just to name a few!

No comments:

Post a Comment